Room 5 Spelling Groups

Hi class! Please click on the links below to access your spelling words already set up on spellingcity.com for you.






Thursday, 27 March 2014

Great Grace

GREAT GRACE
Grace, Grace! Oh hi, I’m Elle and today I’m going to tell you about my dog, Grace. She has deep amber eyes  that  take  the breath out of me ,her smile is more beautiful  than the sun, it seems to light me  up with  happiness. No, more than happiness, there aren’t enough words in the world to describe it. And her fur oh, her fur! Its like melted chocolate in the boiling sun. Its softer than the fluffy clouds floating  lazily across the never ending sky. Oh, yes I love my beautiful, bouncing dog. When her tail wags its like she’s conducting an orchestra. 

Now, can I take you back to the time were my sweet little puppy first heard the fire alarm … when it started  she stared around looking for this strange new sound then, suddenly she started howling trying to imitate it. Oh, wouldn’t you laugh if you heard her. Sometimes I think she’s the funniest dog in the world. Grace would greet anyone unless I was home in that case she would bark the place down. Another thing she’s protective of is her toys and she always loves a good game of tug -a war. Grace can sometimes be mischievous and has chewed a few socks (or hair ties) in her time but she is a very good dog and I’m lucky to have her. She has a stunning personality and is always fun to be around. She is also very clever and I’ll love her to the end. oh, no I wouldn’t sell  MY  dog for anything.


Something I adore to do is sit among the millions of daisies in my back yard, Gracie’s rusty pink tongue swiping soothingly across my face. Later on, when the day is tired and the sky is pink she snuggles down on my lap like a brown blanket (a very heavy one!), BUT if she’s restless and she’s not allowed outside (because of the rain)to tear the front mat or bite the outside furniture she and dad play fight, with no words to describe that I will carry on to our river rush game were we swim together in the river, throwing sticks over the muddy seaweed into the deep water further on. At night, when its time for bed she comes in to bark goodnight I read her stories and soon snuggle tight. Even if she  has chewed mats in her past I would  NEVER  EVER  sell my dog.   SHE WAS THE BEST CRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!!                    By Elle.                                              

4 comments:

  1. Elle, I love your description. You have used a range of openers to make you story that bit more interesting. Grace must be so big now. Miss Perry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic writing Elle - makes me smile from ear to ear! :) Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has really good detail Elle

    ReplyDelete